Saturday, March 28, 2009

Team workout - 20 miles

In this photo: Gwen, Mitzi, April.

The TNT people today did an AMAZING 20 miler. They were SO much better than 2 wks ago :). Two 20-milers was a great thing for this group. Starr, Dayne, Rachel, Mitzi, and Kale all did the 20 miles. I had a few half marathoners slated for 14 miles, but they didn't feel well and had to leave early.

The summer team was doing 12 miles (full) and 8 miles (half), and they did an awesome job too. It was a great day to be a coach. I was SO proud of everyone!

Here are some photos

I ended up doing 21.54 miles, by my Garmin. I did it in 4:18 for an average pace of 11:59/mile; that includes going with the runners and the walkers.

I had no IT band pain at all. YAY! I did have some soreness in my R hip (piriformis, I think) that was pretty bad by the end, but nothing I couldn't keep walking through. It was an awesome way to spend a Saturday morning :).

No comments: