Thursday, March 26, 2009

Strawberry season

I love strawberry season. It means spring is here, even if spring in Salt Lake is alternately cold/snowy/rainy and warmish/sunny. I love the promise of summer, and the promise of good fresh produce.

Albertson's had a special this week: 4 lb strawberries for $5.99. I went twice to the store near my house and the first time the truck had been delayed due to the storm (it was coming from California) and the 2nd time the store hadn't received what it ordered. The produce manager was nice and called the next closest store; they had plenty, so I drove over and got 2 pkgs. Yes, we will eat all of those before they go bad. My kids and I love them, as does Loren. It was a hassle taking the kids in and out of the car seats so many times, but totally worth it because they are delicious. Very yummy.

So, we are enjoying the bounty of California spring, while we have snow, and while my daffodils are flattened a bit. But spring is here, and the warm days are not far off now :).


1 comment:

Elizabeth Richardson said...

mmmm, strawberries. Your price is definitely better than ours by a power of 2, but they are very, very good.