Thursday, March 19, 2009

a little too speedy again :)

Now I know what I need to do on Saturday: KEEP IT SLOW for the first 1-2 miles until I settle in. My natural tendency is to go waaaaay too fast at the start, and I really do not want to do that. Need to save something for the end of the race.

This morning I did the same workout (same location and everything) that I did Tuesday. I intended to be slower, but guess what? I went faster. I actually did know I was doing it, but I was in the mood to cruise I guess. On Saturday I am going to have to be very careful not to do that! After my warm-up I did mile 1 in 9:30 (!) and mile 2 in 9:49 (still too fast). I planned on 10:00 miles, which is my goal pace. Oops. My IT band on my L leg was fine; R leg was a bit tight but no pain. I stretched thoroughly afterward and used the foam roller, which I am going to take with me to Southern Utah.

Here's the race website if any of you want to see the beauty of this course. It is going to be truly amazing. The sad part is that I will be focusing pretty hard on my race and probably not so much on the surroundings.

Tomorrow I plan on a very easy 2 miles to loosen up my legs, and lots of stretching afterwards.

I might not get to post again before the race, and I will not have internet all weekend so probably will not post until Sunday night at the soonest. So you'll just have to wait to see how I did (not like you have nothing better to do, I know :)). If I have a great race, I'll finish in the 2:09-2:11 window. That's optimistic given that I'm recovering from an injury, but I might as well have something cool to shoot for.

OK, gotta get back to my laundry. Lots to do before packing!

4 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

Have FUN! The course looks beautiful. Hope it all goes well and have a wonderful weekend away, regardless of the outcome of the race!

Harriet said...

Have fun and go hard!

I'll be rooting for you.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend and good luck with the race. I do hope you get the opportunity to enjoy the scenery.

Harriet said...

For some reason, your race report isn't showing up here (though it did on my google reader).

Congratulations on your 2:11!