Monday, March 02, 2009

Day 35: 40 days 'til 39

 Today we played music together. We used to do this a lot before we had kids, but since then, not so much. I forgot how much fun it is to play with Sarah. She is a great musician and has a wonderful ear for intonation (essential for a string player!). We enjoyed playing a whole bunch of Taize music and also a Dvorak Sonatina for violin & piano. Awesome.

My kids didn't sleep while we were playing... but it was worth it to play great music! (Ask me about this again tomorrow when they are grumpy! - no seriously, it was worth it, no matter how crabby they are).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

this was fun! Sorry we kept your kids awake - glad you thought it was worth it. I haven't played in so long. When I got home Alex saw my violin case and said, "What is that suitcase?" Sad, she doesn't even know what it is. Then when I told her, she wanted me to play it for her. Let's play more often. :-)