Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Day 37: 40 days 'til 39

Today we were watching the sun rise or set. I decided rising would be easier; sunrise was slated for 6:56 am and sunset at 6:22 pm, so I figured it would be simpler to catch the sunrise since it wasn't during the dinner hour. That, and it's supposed to rain tonight, so I doubt there would be much to see.

However, there was a small detail that was a problem. I had my weight training class from 6:30 to 7:20 am. So, at 6:51 or so, I went outside and took my Therabands (PT exercise gear) with me, and looked crazy doing monster walks and lateral walks on the sidewalk as the sun rose. Or didn't rise... you see, the sun was up, sure, but not over the mountains. I took a few pictures (the first 2, below; my apologies for the parking lot view, but that's where I was) and I have to say that it was less than spectacular. Oh well.

On my way home, the sun was actually coming over the tops of the mountains (and that was much more interesting), so I pulled over and snapped the 3rd shot below just before the sun peeked out. When I arrived at home, I snapped a shot of my neighborhood with the sun just coming up. Finally, I snapped the last shot, of me wearing SHORTS and a T-SHIRT for my workout this morning - it was 53 and only a little windy when I racewalked 2 miles today, so I wore this and was perfectly comfortable. Later on it got really windy (still is), and it's supposed to get really cold and snow just in time for 18 miles w/TNT on the weekend. Oh well!




1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

You are awesome! I like your T-shirt too. :-) I forgot about this until it was too late. :-( I was able to indirectly watch the sunrise from my living room as I did aerobics, but my window faces west...in the evening I was driving kids around from the police station (they caught the burglar!) to Awana so I missed it. I will have to do this another day.