Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Too good to be true

Sunday's racewalk - too good to be true. Alas, on the same route at a little slower speed today, I felt the stabbing pain on the lateral side of my L knee at mile 2.3. And I had to make it back to the house (mile 3.9) in a hurry, so I couldn't slow down too much. I did stop and stretch, and thankfully, the route home is a bit uphill, which eases the symptoms (this is typical if IT band problems from what I've read). It ached all the way home but it feels fine now, which is also typical of IT band problems.

I am SO glad I'm going to the doctor tomorrow.

I plan to bike a little and go to weight training in the morning.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Sorry to hear this...

But people often recover from this injury.

You might to a "free library" search at Peak Performance online.

They take the approach that injuries happen for a reason and they work to keep the injury from becoming recurring problem.

Sarah H said...

Bummer. :( I hope your visit to the doctor is productive!

malvs2walk said...

good luck at the doctor. Let us know how it goes!