Friday, January 02, 2009

Down but not out

My IT band has been doing so much better, until today :(. I walked yesterday, no problem, and today I decided to take it really easy so that I'd be ready for tomorrow's TNT workout. I did 20 min on the bike, then 18 min on the treadmill before my leg started to hurt. I had to stop after 19 min and stretch. I was able to do another 20 min on the bike, no problem, thankfully. But, my leg has been sore all day, despite lots of ice and ibuprofen. Admittedly, I was on my feet a lot today (we did a bunch of errands, and I cooked a rather involved pizza in preparation for the Sugar Bowl tonight), but still, I am disappointed. I have no idea why this is happening when I've been SO careful, and when it has felt so good for the last week. Why should a measly 18 minutes be the end of it? It's frustrating.

All the same, I am not too discouraged. I am going to rest it and seek medical advice first thing on Monday. Tomorrow I will walk a little for the team workout, but not very far (probably 2-3 miles, and I can go slowly if needed - it doesn't hurt to walk slowly). I planned a route that allows me to see team members 2-3 times by basically staying in one spot on the route, where the first water stop is.

Good thing I have bought a new swimsuit. My SIL helped me pick out a great one online that was only $19.99. I am going to need it now.

Other good news - I have been doing great with food since I've been home :). Yay! It's nice to be back in an environment where I have some control again.

No comments: