Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 3: 40 days 'til 39

T-minus 37 until our birthdays!

Today we are exchanging recordings of our favorite classical music. Both Sarah and I are total musicophiles. She is a superb violinist and dabbles in the piano, and I play the piano, the clarinet, and the organ (OK, so I'm not a very good organist, but I do play it!).

My favorite composer is Brahms. I love the complexity and craftsmanship of his music, and he does all of that without neglecting the emotional component that is so essential to great compositions.

Today's selection is the final movement (Vivace) from Brahms' clarinet sonata #1. It fits my mood perfectly today. It's triumphant, joyful, and elated. OK, I know it's the endorphins from my hard workout this morning speaking, but I feel terrific. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, and the music is part of the moment. Enjoy!

Here it is if you want to listen.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Very nice. Brahms is great. I played this while reading some boring documents at work, and it kept my brain awake :-)