Thursday, January 22, 2009

Feeling thankful

I am feeling thankful tonight for a lot of things.

I spent part of today talking with a friend who is just starting her weight loss journey, and I remember so vividly now how scared and uncertain I felt when I started, and how vulnerable I was. I hope and pray that I can support my friend through this tough time and that she'll get off on the right foot.

I also spent part of today reading a friend's blog. This friend has endured a lot of discrimination recently because of her sexual orientation, and may lose her home because of it. Thankfully, there is some hope that things may get better for her, but it's scary for her and her five children.

Another friend has cancer, which was in remission for a while, but has returned with a vengeance. She is raising a teenage son alone, and I am so sad for all she is going through. She lives too far away for me to do very much except pray for her and write her notes on Facebook.

So, in light of all this, I have it really good. I mean REALLY good. It seems so small and petty to say that I am very happy because my IT band is continuing to do better, but it's true, so I'll say it. I racewalked 6.5 miles or so this morning in about 1:09, and it was good. Very good, and very beautiful to be out there. I'm thankful.

No comments: