Thursday, January 15, 2009

New award for Lifetime members; book is out

Weight Watchers is FINALLY acknowledging its Lifetime members yearly. Yay! Each month you weigh in within 2 lb of your goal weight, you get a Bravo! sticker for a bookmark, and when you get 10 in a year, you get another lifetime key for your key chain.

OK, I know this sounds silly, but the 5 lb stickers, the 10% award (for losing 10% of your body weight), the 25, 50, and 75 lb awards, the Goal award, and the Lifetime award really meant a lot to me. I just truly appreciated each step of the way, and now that I have been Lifetime for 2 years I wished they would at least remember how hard it is to maintain your weight. Well, now they do!

***


In other news, I am a success story in the new book by Joy Bauer, "Joy's Life Diet". Since I was featured on the TODAY show almost 1 year ago for losing >100 lbs via diet and exercise, Joy used me and many others from the Joy Fit Club as success stories in her new book. I saw the book at Barnes & Noble on Monday night and liked the profile they did of me, except that they spelled my last name wrong. Uh, oops. But anyway, the book is out, and I am supposed to get a signed copy in the mail one of these days. Not that I particularly need a diet book :). But it might have some yummy recipes in it! I look forward to receiving it soon.

2 comments:

Kale said...

Wow that is so cool that you are being recognized in so many ways for your huge accomplishment. I realize its as much a mental fight as physical so kudos to you, you rock!

malvs2walk said...

Wow, I missed this blog post. Good thing for WW to start rewarding those who can maintain after losing (sometimes harder than losing in the first place).