Monday, January 12, 2009

More swimming

Today I swam again, and it was OK. It's not racewalking, but it's activity, and it burns calories. I did 20 lengths free to warm up, then 2 x (10 lengths pull, 4 lengths kick and 6 lengths free). Then I did 10 lengths breast, 4 lengths pool running (was in the shallow end and wanted to try it out - it was a bit weird - think I like swimming better), and the remaining 26 lengths free. Total of 100 lengths in 1 hr; a little less than Saturday, but the kick lengths and the breaststroke lengths are slower, so overall I feel I was a bit faster.

Again, if I have to swim long-term while I recover, I will want to join Master's swimming to have some help with my strokes and some interesting workouts. I visit the doctor on Wednesday, though, so I'm hoping to have some answers then.

Meanwhile, I think I'll go for another racewalk tomorrow.

No comments: