Thursday, January 15, 2009

Today's walk, doctor stuff and lots of it.

I racewalked again today. In the house, on my treadmill, with my new IT band strap tightly affixed above my left knee. I started at 2% incline, and that was great through about 20 minutes, and then the IT band started to complain (only a little). So I upped the incline, because that generally helps it to feel better. Every time the IT band hurt, I increased the incline more, until I reached 5% and 42 minutes, and ran out of time to exercise. It didn't ever hurt as badly as it did on Tuesday, probably because of the incline and the strap. I did 3.6 miles total.

I have PT tonight and I am really looking forward to it. I can't wait to do whatever it is I need to do to get back in the swing of things.

***

In other doctor news, I took Calvin to our family doc because of a suspicious-looking mole on his head. After we waited for ONE HOUR to see him (kids screaming, fighting, climbing the walls the whole time in the patient room - arrrrgh!), he spent 2 minutes looking at it, said that yes, it looked suspicious, and we should go see a dermatologist. However, he didn't have a recommendation for a good one. Fortunately, I have a friend a few doors down whose husband is a derm resident at the U. I called her and she said he'd be happy to recommend someone.

***

More doctor news: Loren has to get another of those epidural steroid shots in his back because of his bulging disc. Yes, it's feeling better, but it's not all the way better yet, and though PT and a back brace and better posture are helping, it's still painful. The PT recommended another shot and more PT.

Good thing we have good insurance. This is a lot of doctor stuff.

No comments: