Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tuesday track workout

Yup, another Tuesday, another track workout. I invited the team to come and one person did show up, so it wasn't so lonely working out in the dark. There is one set of lights at the track, so we have to start our 400s in the middle because my watch isn't backlit :). But the lights are adequate to stay in the lanes, and it was pretty warm this morning (41!) so I was a happy camper.

We did 4 easy warm-up laps in about 10:30 (OK, so that wasn't really super easy, but I wanted to stay with Wendy, the runner who came) and then some dynamic stretching. Then I did 5 sets of 800m in 4:35 (?not sure as stopwatch started late?), 4:37, 4:33, 4:35, 4:33. Not too shabby, and I felt great the whole time. Yes, I was breathing pretty darn hard, but it was awesome to be out there pushing myself. I think I'm getting more used to speed work.

***

Oh, forgot to post about yesterday. Had a great circuit training workout and then went for 2 laps Liberty Park with Nancy, Diane, and Carol. Awesome. I was pushing the stroller and it had a flat tire on one side (Loren had fixed it but I guess it was still leaking) so I got a really good workout even though the ladies like to walk a little slower than I usually do. The stroller with 65 lb of kids in it and the flat tire made for a good handicap!

Then Nancy, Diane, and the kids & I went to breakfast to celebrate Diane's 69th birthday (Carol had to leave). We had a blast! Diane is an amazing woman - she started racewalking in her late 50s and has done TWENTY marathons. I want to be like her when I grow up :).

No comments: