Monday, December 08, 2008

Treadmill adventures, part 2


Thankfully, this wasn't too much of an adventure. It wasn't too hard to get it down the stairs, and we didn't even have to take the door off of the hinges. We set it up, and it's working great. We did have a moment of anxiety due to our low ceilings - I stood on it and had plenty of head clearance, but I was worried about Loren (who is 6'2"). But he got on it and had several inches to spare while walking, so it turned out to be fine.

Now I just wish that I could do some walking on it. The streets are fairly slippery tonight but probably navigable in the morning; still, my IT band is not up to any walking yet, at least not racewalking. I will probably bike on Loren's bike trainer (next to the treadmill in the photo) instead. That will do for tomorrow's workout :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, good point about the low ceiling. We have that problem too, and we're thinking of getting either a treadmill or an eliptical. Exercising outdoors is unappealing most of the year and worse in the winter unless you like slogging through the mud.

I'm reminded of one of my favorite Youtube clips:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVjzd320gew&feature=email

Runningstitch said...

tammy,
I hope you enjoy using the TM. I've had mine for about 5 years, and like you, prefer outside. but on those days when you just can't get out (bad weather, no sitter, too dark, not feeling well (you know, those stomach issues)), it sure is nice to have some equipment to get in a workout. I still only use mine maybe 20 times in the whole year, but it's so worth it to have it around. Don't forget to raise the incline a bit to simulate the outdoors.
-Lauri