Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sunday in the snow

Yeah, I'm a couple days behind. The kids are all outside playing more or less happily in the snow so I am trying to catch up :).

This is 1500 East on Sunday morning when I walked on it in the snow. There was about 1-2 inches on most of the roads and more everywhere else. My YakTrax performed superbly and I had a great walk :). The toe push is not quite as good in the snow, so my HR was a bit higher than usual for my time of about 41 minutes, but it was beautiful and enjoyable.


***

Monday: Weights, including one legged squats and adductor exercises to strengthen L leg. Then 30' easy on the treadmill.

Tuesday: 45' on treadmill - 20' easy, then 5' hard (HR 160-165) then 1' easy, repeated 3x. I was going to do that 5x, but then my IT band started acting up again and I had to quit. It wasn't too bad, though, and I stretched it out really well and it seems fine now. I think it might have been the one legged squats from yesterday. I'm going to stop doing those for now and see if that helps. Meanwhile, I will rest it tomorrow and walk on Thursday.

Got to go - kids sound unhappy :(. Sigh.

No comments: