Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas :). We had an enjoyable time here. I am working on some pictures and videos but am too tired to put them up right now, so text is all you get right now, sorry!

I started out the morning with 40 min on the stationary bike, and then I was bored with it, so because it was Christmas, I treated myself to 10 minutes of racewalking. I know I'm supposed to be resting my left leg, and I am, but I just couldn't help it. It felt great. It was SO enjoyable, and I wished I could keep going. Oh well. My IT band didn't give me any trouble, but then again, it was only 10 min, so I didn't expect it to be a problem. I did stretch thoroughly afterward, and had no pain or anything. I have been taking ibuprofen, and that seems to be helping too. Hopefully if I continue staying off it for a while longer I will be able to racewalk again pain-free pretty soon. We'll see.

The food today was delicious. I did OK, considering the temptations. Not great, but OK, and I did allow myself to have some of Erica's Yule Log (chocolate cake w/peppermint ice cream and chocolate ganache). Yum!!! That was fine, except I also had some baked brie (snack), a bunch of wheat thins (also snack), and a moderate amount of our traditional Christmas cinnamon sugar bread. Then Loren offered me a few of his chocolate covered caramels, and I did have some. It was more calories than I should have eaten, but it wasn't horrible excess and I didn't binge eat. All the same, I am glad to be going back to the no-junk-until-Epiphany rule for 2 more weeks. It was nice to have a one day holiday, but I am ready to feel healthy again! Seriously, I'm happy to be going back to being more careful. I feel better that way.

No comments: