Friday, December 19, 2008

Nice day to be inside with a cup of tea

It's snowing very hard outside, and it's definitely nice to be inside today. I think I'll have a cup of vanilla caramel tea and read the paper, as soon as I get Calvin down for his quiet time (I just put Michelle down for her nap). It was very windy this morning, and it was actually warmish at 35 degrees. But now it's 27 and the temps are falling as the front comes through. Tomorrow's TNT workout should be interesting - snow on the ground, and very very cold. But I'm sure we'll have a good time, regardless. Hopefully my IT band won't give me any trouble.

Today I went to my weight training class and then did 30 min on my treadmill later in the morning. We had to take one of our cars in to get the windshield wiper repaired (it fell off! It's a '91 Buick Century, so hey, things will go wrong w/it) and a few other items (driver front tire leaking air, oil level sensor malfunction), so I had to get home from class quickly to take the car in and take Loren to work. The kids came along for the ride, and we did an errand afterward for some homemade Christmas presents I'm working on. All this to say that I was very grateful for my treadmill this morning, because I wouldn't have been able to racewalk for 30 min w/o it. Pop in a video or some Wii for the kids for 30 min, and I can get in a little time :). I am generally not in favor of videos for babysitting and try to use them judiciously (limit of 30 min per day), but when I am in the same room doing something else (usually cooking or working out) it can be very helpful.

Food - still doing very well, and on my 3rd day of no-junk-until-Epiphany. There are plenty of good options for great taste, so I'm feeling good. This is much less stressful than trying to manage the treats. A friend brought over a bag of homemade goodies, and my first thought was that it was going to be a lot easier just not eating any of them at all. I'm happy that the kids and Loren can enjoy them for me :). Last night I had another baked apple (leftover) and some popcorn after dinner. Tonight I think I'll have more fruit for dessert.

No comments: