Thursday, December 04, 2008

Thursday tempo time; random stuff

Yup, the dreaded tempo workout. I didn't dread it much today, though, because I didn't push as hard. I walked at an easy pace to Liberty Park (12:18) and brought my dog Copper with me. She can keep up the pace on my faster days, while Sahara can't. I did 2 laps of the park in 29:15 total, with an ave heart rate of 152. I started with HR of 145ish and built up to 163 by the end of the workout. It was a good effort though not as hard as some I've done; I was a bit sluggish this morning.

***

Yesterday I did 25 min easy racewalking and a good weight workout. I did walking lunges, dead lifts, heel walking, bench press, shoulder press, upright row, biceps, triceps, and push-ups; tried those "perfect push-up" thingies that I guess are on TV (wouldn't know because I don't watch much). My instructor bought a set and let us try them. They were good - I can normally do 10-12 guys' push-ups in a set x 3 sets, and with these, I could only do 5-6. So if you're a guy and you can do like 50 push-ups and want a challenge, they would be good. For me, not necessary since I can just do the 10-12 regular push-ups. I digress. Then we did abs and stretching.

***

After my workout today I took the kids to Kindermusik and then to the Gateway mall for a little shopping for Loren and for myself. The kids love going there to run around the fountain (I let them do this for a good long time) and then to run around the open-air mall (ummm, whose crazy idea was it to have an open-air mall in this climate? The kids like it but I would prefer inside!) for a while. We did go in a few stores to get 2 items, but mostly we just ran around. Then I went to Baker's Cash & Carry to pick up some goodies for making treats for friends and family for Christmas. I'm going to do a homemade Christmas this year for everyone. Not all of it is treats - I am giving people all kinds of things that I have made. More fun, cheaper, and more meaningful, I hope.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Yeah, I've had my doubts about the wisdom of an outdoor mall in Utah ever since they built it.
Hope your IT band is better soon! Bummers!