Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rest day from walking; food trouble

Rested my IT band today. I did a good hard weight workout (dead lifts, upright rows, chest flys, leg extensions, adductor cable pulls, lateral raises, bicep curls, tricep skull crushers) interspersed with stationary biking. When I got home, I biked for 20 more minutes.

***

Food trouble. Despite my bet with Nancy, I have not been doing well. The treats are getting the best of me. If I eat one bite, I feel like I have to have 20, and it's all over. I'm not really sure what to do at this point, but I know that it's NOT making me happy. I am almost afraid to write this, because if I don't do it I'll feel bad, but honestly, I want to be DONE with junk food until Epiphany (Jan 6). Why then? Well, I had the epiphany that it was controlling me, and I do not like it. I know it's the holidays, and there is going to be lots around, so I'm crazy for doing this. But the fact is that I am out of control and sometimes a little fast from what is controlling you is a good option. So far today I am feeling great about this decision. The hard part is the evening, though, but I am so disgusted with the way I've been eating that I am really looking forward to freedom from the junk food. Seriously! That is the mindset that got me through the first few months on WW, so I am thinking I'm in the right place. I hope. And that's all one can do is to keep hoping, sometimes, isn't it?

I will be sure to keep you updated on how I'm doing, readers, because hey, that's some serious accountability!!!

3 comments:

Sara Z. said...

Yeah, sometimes with the junk cold turkey stoppage is best. I think some of us just can't do moderation with certain foods, at least not in high-stress/high-temptation seasons like this!

Kale said...

Hang in there Tammy you can do it! You are an amazing woman who has already done things you probably never thought possible so you can certainly take this one on and win. We are behind you!

Elizabeth Richardson said...

Epiphany is a good goal and you can do it! It's the failing to plan proper eating that is getting me. We eat our large meal at noon, which is a good thing, but evening is totally unplanned. I do better when I make sure I have good nutrition, then the mindless eating isn't such a problem.