Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snowy yet super Saturday!


Here's a photo of me after the workout, outside in the snow :).

Today's TNT workout was a lot of fun. It was very windy at the start, and pretty darn warm (45!) but only because the cold front was blowing in. Within about an hour, it was cold and snowing HARD. The team did very well, and all of them finished their 6 or 8 miles despite the weather. Everyone seemed prepared for the weather, and it didn't seem like anyone got too terribly cold or uncomfortable.

I walked at high intensity for 1 hr 20 min, according to my heart rate monitor, and at moderate intensity for the rest of the time (about another hour or hour and a half?). I am guessing that I probably did about 9-10 miles total, between walking back and forth with all the groups, but I'm really not sure. It might have been only 8. I wish I had a Garmin. My Nike+ sensor has a dead battery and I could get another, but Christmas is close and I don't want to buy anything right now.

One of the best things about today, besides great conversations with the team? I had NO IT BAND TROUBLE AT ALL!!!!!!! YAY!

Here's my new favorite piece of gear - my Yak Trax Pro. They allowed me to racewalk FAST through snow, no problem!!! It was great. I am very excited about these.

No comments: