Friday, December 26, 2008

3 workouts!

After swimming, we relaxed at home for a while and then Loren took Calvin to the Exploratorium in San Francisco. Meanwhile, my mom and I headed off to Curves while my dad watched Michelle.

Curves would be GREAT for a beginner. If you're just starting to exercise, I think it is a friendly, warm, and inviting place, with very motivating instructors. But for me, it was way too easy. The machines are all hydraulic and don't really give you much of a workout, in my opinion. It was nice to be there with my mom, and I'm glad she has joined and likes it, but I won't be going again.

Then Alex & Erica took us out to lunch at the Putah Creek Cafe. Delicious! I had whole wheat pancakes w/apricots and raisins inside, and a couple slices of bacon. I passed on the great-looking pie (no junk, remember?) but it was still a big meal. So, I decided to take a bike ride (outside) when I got home, as the weather was chilly but clear and not too windy. It was a enjoyable 40 min before the sun went down and I hightailed it back here before I got a ticket for not having a bike light (the bike cops are vicious here!).

Still working on the Christmas photos & video. Maybe tomorrow I'll have something to post.

No comments: