Wednesday, December 24, 2008

swimming!

Went swimming this morning for a workout for the first time since I was in college. That would be, oh, about 20 years ago, probably in 1988.

I did all right - I swam with the Davis Master's club that my SIL Erica and brother Alex swim with. I was able to do the whole workout, minus maybe 2 laps (I'm lousy at counting them!!!). The pool is outdoors and it was chilly (40?) and raining, but the water was perfect for laps. I swam about 500 yds for the warm-up and then did about 1900 yards for the workout, in an hour. I know that's not that good - I was definitely the SLOWEST person in the pool with the exception of the 90 year old guy who was sharing lane 1 with me (he took the R side of the lane and I the L and that was perfect!). But, I got a good workout and though it was a bit boring, it was satisfying to be able to get my cardio in. We're going to go again on Friday.

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow - most likely some time on the bike trainer.

***

Oh, and the food is going very well :). Yay! I'm quite pleased. I'm on a roll, and hopefully it will continue. Tomorrow I am going to allow myself a little of whatever my SIL makes for dessert, since it's highly unlikely I'll binge on that. But no other junk will pass by my lips!!!

2 comments:

Hunca Munca said...

Hooray for swimming! It feels good, doesn't it? Glad you made it to Davis uneventfully, (see our story on my blog - we had a change of plans) and nice job on keeping your no-junk rule! You rock! Merry Christmas!

Harriet said...

Good job Tammy.

You can do some devilish tempo intensity workouts in the pool.