Monday, December 22, 2008

a little down

I'm a little down. Not too bad, but definitely missing my walking. I took a rest day yesterday and iced my leg and took ibuprofen. Today I did some stationary biking and went to weight training but avoided squats or anything with bent knees. I did some calf raises, some adductor and abductor cable pulls, and some hip exercises to strengthen my gluteus medius (read about these the other day). But it wasn't walking :( and I'm sad. It was warm this morning (37) before the storm which is now here and though it was windy I know I would have liked being out there.

***

My eating has been pretty good, though. I did eat a lot at the party on Saturday, but it wasn't junk stuff, and I've been doing better overall and am still pleased with my progress.

Tomorrow we are going to visit my brother and SIL in California, and I'm hoping that the food there will be pretty healthy. My brother and SIL are pretty good about cooking healthy, though, so I think it will be OK.

The good news is that my SIL will give me a few swimming pointers while we're there, and I'm going to do some serious swimming I hope. I bought a pair of goggles today (a pair she recommended - Speedo Vanquisher), and she has a suit I can borrow. I did try on some suits today at Dick's Sporting Goods, but the only one I really really liked was $80. I don't think so! There was one that was decent for $50 but Erica (my SIL) says I can do better, and I believe her (I called her from the store!). So I'm going to borrow a suit from her and then order one online and have it shipped to my house so it's waiting when I get back. I am hoping I'll be able to walk again soon and won't need it too much, but suspect this might be a longer term problem.

My knee has been bothering me today even while standing and regular walking - not all the time, just sometimes. It's always there, in the back of my mind. And it makes me pretty bummed.

I'm tired but didn't nap. Probably should have. And now I'm rambling and procrastinating and I need to be packing and cleaning my house.

Off to get some work done. It will make me feel better.

No comments: