Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My top 10 for 2009

Here are my top 10. I want to know what yours are!!!

1. Get more sleep. I know how important this is. Go to bed earlier. Corollary: stop wasting so much time on my computer instead of sleeping.
2. Do NOT be alone after the kids have gone to bed. Hang out with Loren so I don’t eat so much, and so that I get more time with him!
3. Set goals with Nancy for fitness and weight loss. Accountability is good.
4. Do NOT let my ability or inability to racewalk keep me from eating well. I can always swim for fitness!
5. Do NOT use family disagreements as an excuse to eat. This is stupid and useless – it will NOT make anything better, and will only make me depressed the next day.
6. I am not happy when I eat a lot. Repeat this mantra: Food does not make me happy. Food does not make me happy. Food does not make me happy. Food does not make me happy. I need to spend a little more time pondering what I *really* want.
7. I know I really want to spend more time reading books for pleasure.
8. I want to spend more time scrapbooking.
9. I would like to spend more time journaling, reading scripture, and in prayer/meditation.
10. Do I want to go back to the way I was in 2004? Enough said. Now go have a great year.

No comments: