Wednesday, August 20, 2008

upping the mileage

I've made a training schedule through marathon day, and the miles are going up! Of course, I'm not increasing more than a little each week, but I'm going to be going slower and doing more miles to get ready for the big race.

This morning I did 7.65 miles easy, around Liberty and SugarHouse parks. The weather was gorgeous, though sadly it is now dark enough at 6 am that I have to start wearing my reflective vest again. I love summer, and it's going to be gone so quickly. Anyway, I felt fairly tired this morning, and my leg muscles are feeling the distance, even though it wasn't that far. Probably has a lot to do with my lack of sleep last night from staying up late to watch the Olympics.

I finished in 1:24:01, for 10:59 per mile. My average heart rate was a nice easy 135.

Oh, and yes, it is less than 2 months until the race now. The Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco is on October 19th!

No comments: