Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday night track workout

I didn't feel much like working out tonight, but I knew I needed it. So off I went. Diane was the only other person who showed up tonight, but that was all right, as I enjoy her company, and it beats walking alone.

It was much cooler tonight than it has been - only 83 instead of the usual mid-90s, and I appreciated that a lot. It was still warm, but I didn't feel like the heat slowed me down that much this time.

Tonight's workout was 4 laps warm-up, dynamic flexibility drills, then 3x(1200m at 10k pace, 1 min rest, 400m at 5k pace) with 3 min rest in between sets. Goal times were 7:04 for the 1200s and 2:14 for the 400s; actual times were 6:56, 2:12, 6:58, 2:14, 7:02, 2:13. I was fast tonight but pushed hard to get there - my heart rate was in the low 160s most of the time but got in the upper 160s toward the end of the workout. I did a nice slow cool-down of 4 laps with Diane, and we enjoyed some good conversation.

After the workout I drove home, feeling much better. I'm getting really sleepy so off to bed soon - I am planning to bike to weight training class tomorrow at 6 am!

No comments: