Thursday, August 28, 2008

easy 8 miles

This morning I was scheduled for an easy 8 miles. I picked a super hilly route, because after all, I'm going to be racewalking the marathon in San Francisco. I went around SugarHouse Park and then up 1900 East all the way to the U - through Research Park and down through Fort Douglas and past the Huntsman Center, then across Guardsman Way to the track at East High. I arrived at the track at 6:25ish, just in time to teach the racewalking clinic from 6:30-7:20. Then Diane (my co-teacher for the clinic) was nice enough to give me a ride home from the track afterward.

I felt great this morning. My pace was about exactly 11:00/mile on this very hilly route, and my average heart rate was 136. Not nearly as fast as Monday, but I wasn't working as hard, and had more hills today.

It was nice weather - a bit cooler than it has been. It was about 55 this morning, and my hands actually got cold when I was at the track for the class, because I cooled off a lot at that point. During my 8 miles, my hands were fine, though. I think next time I will bring gloves for the class.

2 comments:

Ann H. said...

Tammy...Ifound you through 'blueollie' on wordpress.

When I read your profile my jaw dropped. WOW! You lost 105 lbs...amazing. I can only imagine the incredible changes this has wrought in your life.

I'm sure I'm a generation older than you...but just reading your profile caused a pride in me to rise as if it were one of my own girls.

WAY TO GO!!! I'll be eager to keep up with your journeys.

Kindest Regards,

Michelle

http://michelle2005.wordpress.com

Tammy said...

Thanks, Michelle for your kind words and encouragement :)!