Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday tempo time

I know I did a hard workout yesterday, but my schedule's all messed up from Spokane and from my mom being here, and honestly, I felt fine this morning, so I decided to do the acceleration tempo workout I had planned. I did make one concession and shortened it up by 10 minutes. I did 1 mile easy warm-up, then 1 mile at HR of 145, 1 mile at 150, 1 mile at 155, and 1 mile at 160. I did a cool-down at that point and my total was 5.63 miles in 56:xx. I had to really push to keep my heart rate high enough this morning, and I ended up pretty fast overall - about 10 min/mile including the warm up and cool down! After the workout my hamstrings feel a little tired, but I'm fine.

I even had the energy to take a casual walk with my friend Kristilyn and her kids, pushing my kids in the stroller. We enjoyed about a 2-mile walk and then some time in the park w/the kiddos. Perfect weather this morning - it's in the upper 70s right now and the kids loved frolicking with other kids in the park.

No comments: