Saturday, August 02, 2008

12-miler with Team in Training

Had trouble falling asleep last night after the car disasters, despite being very tired. 5:30 am came around too soon, but I got up and met my teammates for our 12-miler. We actually started right about on time (!Yeah!) and the best part was that I found a group of runners to stay with. I walked with Christie, Martha, and Shawna, and at the turn-around, Christie and I were faster than the others so we did the rest together. It was SO fun to have someone to talk with. I loved it! The miles really flew by that way. Sometimes she took a little faster pace than I wanted to, but she's new to running, so she did slow it down when I said it was a little fast for me. At the end, she was happy I did that! Anyway, we did the 12 miles in 2:11:47 for 10:59/mile, and my average heart rate was 140. I feel great now; legs a little heavy but not bad at all. Temperature was about 70 before the walk and looks like it's still about 70 after (though it's going to heat up FAST and be a hot one today!). It was a bit warm in the sun but very pleasant in the shade, and it was a lovely route through SugarHouse Park and up the bench past the zoo with a nice view of the valley at the top.

No comments: