Friday, August 08, 2008

More images of Spokane

After dinner tonight, I walked around downtown. Much of it is rather drab, with older brick buildings in need of repair, and lots of parking lots replete with weeds. However, there is clearly some revitalization going on, with a beautiful performing arts center and a lovely park along the river. The park would have been a big hit with Calvin and Michelle; it had many fountains, a train ride, a carousel, and a giant red wagon (I mean giant - 20 feet high?) to play in.

Oh, and after I left downtown, I got a new SD card for my camera, and it works again! So though these pictures were taken with my phone (except the last one of the city, taken from my hotel room), the pictures I take tomorrow & Sunday will be with my good camera :)!







No comments: