Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Mon & Tues notes

Monday workout: 3x easy around Liberty Park in 43:30 (about 14:30 per lap - pretty good!). Also did one more time around the park very slowly with a friend I was teaching some basic racewalking skills to (I actually did 1x alone, then 1x with my friend, then 2x alone to finish my workout). Oh, and I threw in some sprints during the 2nd and 3rd laps, just to do a little speed work.

Tuesday workout: Easy walk to the track at East High (takes about 20 min or so), and then 4x400 @ 5K race pace, which will hopefully be 2:14 per lap for 28:00. I did 2:16, 2:12, 2:12, and 2:14 with about 1 min rest in between each (to let my HR get down to 120). Then an easy walk home; total workout time about 53 min.

Only 3 days until the 5K in Spokane, and 5 days until the 10K. I've been vacillating between feeling confident and feeling scared to death. Mostly the latter. I need to psych myself up, because I know I am strong and I am prepared. I just have to believe it now! It's hard, because I have a lot of doubts and still have trouble seeing myself as a fit person; I feel like the fat person is just waiting to come back sometimes.

Other stuff: Work continues to be somewhat stressful; enough said. Michelle had a ONE HOUR tantrum last night. She was inconsolable; she didn't want food, didn't want to be held. She just wanted to kick and scream and wail, so we let her do it in her room while we ate our dinner. She eventually cried herself to sleep after we changed her into her pajamas. Calvin was pretty charming last night, and he and Loren played a good game of Chutes and Ladders.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're going to do amazing in Spokane! I think you're really going to be surprised.

I think there may be some Canadians in your race(s). We had our Masters Championships this past weekend, and I think that a lot of people are carrying on to Spokane to compete in the U.S. championships.