Friday, August 01, 2008

Our no good very bad rotten day

Today was pretty stinking rotten. It could have been lots worse, and we're grateful that everyone is healthy and that we all still love each other. However, it was still a very bad bad bad day.

I'm tired, so here is the short version: After work, which was NOT good (no more details in this public forum, but trust me, it was very very bad) I get home. Loren was on his way home with babysitter in tow because we're going to concert, car out of gas, gets flat tire while rolling it off the road (huge curb issues on 1300 East). He calls me to come help. I am rushing around to get ready for said concert. Shove kids back in car (screaming of course) and go get him. With great effort, push car off very busy street into alley; still not ideal location. Borrow some gas, try to start, no dice. While leaving, back new car into concrete abutment (at least I didn't do this or I'd never hear the end of this) and scrape a lovely nasty ugly scratch over 1-1.5 ft of right rear. Arrive at concert 20 min late, but at least it's outside so no one cares. Enjoy concert, actually, but then coming home the freeway is down to 1 lane from 3, so a 30-minute drive takes 1 hr 20 min. Try to call sitter from car to tell her we're late, and phone rings in car. I had forgotten to leave phone w/sitter, so we can't call her (no land line). I do succeed in reaching her parents, and they are nice about it. Now Loren is waiting for AAA to come tow the car to garage, since it won't start and we need new tires and rims now. Sigh.

Oh, and it's now 11:15 pm and I have to be at Highland High at 5:45 am for a 12-miler with Team in Training. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Yikkkes! Glad that day is over.

Hunca Munca said...

very sorry about your terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. :-( looks like you all had fun at the birthday party though. Glad you're enjoying summer too (for the most part) - I love it too! Happy we have another whole month left!