Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday at the track

Yay! Back to racewalking! OK, that wasn't what I was thinking when I got up. Rather, I was concerned about how my toe would feel, and I didn't really want to do a hard track workout. I was thinking an easy 8k would be nice to ease back into things. I also thought I'd be really slow, but I wasn't, surprisingly. And of course now that I'm done I'm glad I did it.

I warmed up for 1600m easy in about 10:20, then did some dynamic flexibility drills. Then I started in on the workout. I was to do 5x (800m, 30 sec rest, 200m) with 3 min rest in between. I hadn't done a workout quite like this before, so wasn't sure what to expect. I actually liked it. I could do the 200s pretty fast even after only 30s rest, before my HR really recovered! That was surprising. Most of them were about 1:00. The 800s were 4:32-4:36, with the last one at 4:38. That last one did not feel good...I was breathing super hard like at the 10K race on Saturday and yet felt I was moving nowhere; HR wasn't really lower, though, so i guess it was OK.

Injury update: toe was OK; didn't bother me too much (maybe a little). Right foot felt a tiny bit sore after the 2nd 800 but then was fine; I stretched the calf in between each 800/200.

Splits and lots more details here:

No comments: