Monday, May 31, 2010

a little bike ride

From biking
I was up in the air as to whether I'd work out today or not. My hamstrings and obliques are sore from Saturday's effort, and I want to be fresh enough to do a hard 4x2k workout tomorrow at the track. But about 4 pm, I was sleepy and feeling out of sorts, and I was cranky with the kids because they'd been fighting and driving me crazy all day. I knew I had to get out of the house (this is SO different than what I would have done 5 yr ago - I would have taken a nap!) and get some exercise.

From biking
From biking
I hopped on the bike and went up to Emigration Canyon and rode up as far as I could in 30 min, then turned around and rode back home. It's uphill all the way, so 30 min out was = 15 min back. Total time: 45 min. Ave HR for ascent (230m total) was 133 - low, I know, but I was taking it easy on purpose, and ave HR for descent was 127 (I actually pedaled hard just for fun, and hit 46.3 km/hr on the way down. On the way back, I biked through the 15th & 15th neighborhood, and took a few photos of our favorite restaurant in SLC (The Paris Bistro) and favorite bookstore (The King's English).

From biking
From biking
When I got back, the kids were riding their bikes, so I took a few photos and a movie.

No comments: