Wednesday, May 05, 2010

GI trouble

Last night I woke up at 2 am with bad intestinal cramps. It was NOT good. I probably lost a couple pounds...but still went out and did my 10K (easy, in 1:08:07) and then did weight training with Lisa. Surprisingly, I made it through the 10K with just a few cramps and that was it. Whew. Weights: bench press w/dumbbells (35 lb/arm - pretty good for me!), lunges with rear foot on exercise ball (those are HARD but GOOD - thanks Jim!), hamstring curls on ball (one-legged), one-arm row with dumbbells, calf raises with eccentric lowering (PT exercise, but did on both legs), pushups on exercise ball, tricep extensions, and a few PT exercises for the foot. Then abs - crunches on ball, back extensions on ball, ball passes (from feet to hands and back again), roll-in and roll-out elbows on ball, then circles, and maybe one more thing but can't remember what.

Later today I had more GI trouble... and right before dinner it did not feel good. But I was hungry, oddly enough. So I ate... that was probably a big, big mistake. I'm hurting now. I hope this gets better or I am not moving out of bed in the morning :(. I am supposed to do an 8K fartlek (ha! there's some irony there...) but we'll see. I hate missing workouts, especially key workouts. I haven't missed any key workouts yet on my new schedule, so I'm hoping to be good enough to try it in the morning. At least I can potentially go to Liberty Park, where there are bathrooms. We'll see...wish me luck...

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Sorry to hear about your GI troubles. I hope you are up and at 'em soon.