Monday, May 10, 2010

still a bit sore

I did 45 min on the elliptical this morning to see how my foot would do with weight-bearing activity. It felt fine beforehand (really, not even limping at all), and it didn't hurt while I was doing it. After I stopped, I walked around the ice rink a few times to cool down (walked, not racewalked). It's nice & chilly in there, and you can watch the skaters. Then I stretched both calves as thoroughly as I could.

Oh, I also did a few PT exercises for my L foot (the other foot, that was previously injured). I was going to do weight training but too nervous about tweaking something in my leg. I guess I could have done just arms/chest/back, but I woke up late and so I bailed on it. Later tonight I will do some abs.

Now, 1.5 hr later, it feels a bit sore but not bad. I'm not sure I'm ready to racewalk, but we'll see. My coach has suggested an easy 10K tomorrow depending on how I feel.

I will continue to stretch a lot today, use the stick (massage stick), take my anti-inflammatories, etc. Hopefully I will be up for RW tomorrow.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Sounds like a good sign. I am hopeful for you. :-)