Sunday, May 23, 2010

rest day, unintentionally...

I was planning on cross-training today, but I didn't feel so good. I don't feel awful, but I don't feel exactly good either. I felt lightheaded, weak, and a bit dizzy most of the day, and I needed a nap. I probably could have done a bike ride, but I just didn't feel like it. Maybe I was being lame; usually I work out if I just have a cold, but I just didn't feel like it. I think I needed the rest. I am supposed to x-train for the next 3 days, then, since I rested today. However, that might not be possible since I will be seeing the podiatrist about my ingrown toenail and expect him to do surgery to remedy my problem. If I can, I will do the stationary bike on Tuesday, toe permitting, but if not that's just the way it is.

I did manage to make it to book club, which was quite enjoyable. We took the kids and put them in front of the movie "Wall-E" while we discussed the book ("The Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson; very interesting read), and they were actually well-behaved. It's wonderful what we are able to do now that they are getting a little older.

Tomorrow, assuming I feel a little better, I plan to x-train and lift weights before I have my toenail attended to at 1 pm. Wish me luck!

No comments: