Wednesday, May 19, 2010

15K

Today I was to do 15K at a 6:30/km pace.

Here's my report - I'm trying the Garmin Connect feature, and it's pretty darn cool. It will even play back the workout displaying HR and elevation, and showing where you were on the map. Awesome! It has the split data, with ave & max HR, etc. so now I don't have to type all that in here anymore. Just click "View Details" at the bottom to see splits and all other interesting data.

All I have to do is write about how I felt - I felt good to start; the weather was pleasant (48F, about 9C) and overcast, though it did rain lightly for about 15 minutes about 2K into the workout. That was no big deal, though; it stopped soon enough and I didn't get that wet, just a bit damp.

About 5K in, I knew that it was going to feel a bit tough. My HR was not that high, but I think I should have eaten something before going out. Usually for less than 16K I don't eat while I'm out, but I really should have eaten BEFORE. By about 12K I was heavy-legged and hurting, but I did finish just fine, including the slight uphill at the end. Notice that I was a bit faster to start (downhill slightly - you can see this on here!) and slower to finish on the uphill.

I finished pretty tired in 1:37:08 with ave HR of 147. My right foot really bothered me from about 5.5K (you can see I stopped to stretch around there) to 8K or so, and I did stretch again at 12.5K when stopped at a stoplight. It's a tad sore now but not bad. The ingrown toenail hurt a little but not too much to RW, thankfully. I still haven't called the podiatrist though...busy today. Need to do that ASAP and hoping to get in early next week.



After my workout, I went to the gym and lifted weights. And no, I didn't eat first, but felt OK once I stopped racewalking :). I did hip abductor machine/one-arm row w/dumbbells; one-legged dead lifts/chest press machine; glute machine/bicep curls; calf raises w/eccentric lowering slowly/lateral raises; then abs. I threw in extra lower ab stuff as per coach's orders. V-sits, roll-outs in plank position w/elbows on ball, sideways rolls in plank position w/elbows on ball, hip-ups on mat, supermans (for back), side plank w/lowering to ground 20x/side. Maybe some others but don't remember...then stretching.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

You are a geek, aren't you? :-)

I love it! Good workout too.

Tammy said...

Yes, Ollie, I am a total techno-geek. I do have the Training Center software, but the website adds even more cool features. Fun!!!!!