Monday, May 03, 2010

Kicked out of PT

Yup, I got kicked out of physical therapy today :)! YAY!!! I'm better enough to just do the exercises on my own, and they are pleased w/my progress.

I also just got my shoes & orthotics back (the ones I left at Madeline's house after the race on Saturday), so I'm good to go for tomorrow's hard workout.

Today I did 30 min on the elliptical at the gym, and then some strength training. One legged squats, chest press/butterfly (machines); one-legged dead lifts, lat pull-downs; hip abductor on cybex machine, military press; tricep dips, assisted pull-ups. Then core exercises: side plank 1 min each side, followed by 10 dips. Ball crunches, then medicine ball pass crunches (with Lisa, who passed it back - 12 lb ball), isometric lower ab leg lifts. I think that's it...there might have been one more. It was a good workout.

Later I did 10 min on the bike at PT, and my usual PT routine. My foot ached today, but now I am sure it's because of the hard plastic orthotics. I'm going to stop using those for RW and only use the cork ones, since those seem to be better for my foot.

I'm resting up now and plan to go to bed early. I have a hard workout in the morning: 3k/2k/0.5k/0.5k with 3 min recovery, at 90-95%. Ouch. No pain, no gain though.

***

In other news, today I passed 500,000 points in the President's Challenge. I've been tracking my fitness activities here for the last 3 years, and earned the Bronze, Silver, and Gold awards within 6 months of starting. However, it took me 3 years to finally pass 500,000 points to earn the Platinum award. They actually send you a FREE T-shirt and certificate when you get the Platinum award. It's not easy to earn! I'm pretty pleased :).

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Woo-hoo! You earned your Platinum medal! Funny - the same day you passed 500,000, I broke the 250,000 mark. I guess that means I only work half as hard as you do. :-) Anyway, congrats on the platinum and on graduating from PT.