Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Taking it easy

I'm taking it easy for a few days after the big race! Yesterday 15 min easy walking to warm up for weight training; I did a hard total body lifting session (hmmm, maybe that wasn't taking it so easy?) but felt good. Today I just did an easy 6K in 41 min or so.

Tomorrow - more weights; hopefully the weather will be warm enough to bike to class. I enjoy a little biking!

I will probably write myself a training schedule for the next 5-6 weeks soon, and begin working toward my next race: a 10K on May 31st. I wish I had a coach. I wish I could afford a good coach. I should call Jennifer and get her to coach me a little again this spring/summer. The budget might be the deciding thing, though.

Races tentatively planned for the rest of the year:
May 31st - Bridal Veil 10K in Provo Canyon
July 24th - Deseret News 10K in Salt Lake City
August 7-10th - USA National Master's Championships in Track & Field, Spokane WA; 5K & 10K judged racewalks
October 19th - Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, with Team in Training

No comments: