Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First spinning class

Today I tried spinning for the first time. I have never liked the stationary bike too much, so I wasn't sure I'd like this. But it wasn't too bad. It was a very hard workout, much harder than I would have gotten alone on a stationary bike. I wasn't bored, which was good. But all in all, I'm not sure it would be something I'd want to do all the time. I will only have 4 classes of it, and then it will be back to the usual weight training regimen.

I did sweat a LOT, and that was one of the major downers about the workout. I usually racewalk outside, in the cool (or downright COLD) of the morning, so the sweat evaporates readily and doesn't trouble me much. But cycling indoors with 20 other people generates a lot of heat, and even with fans, it was fairly warm in there.

It's nice for a change of pace, but I think I know why I like racewalking better!!!

2 comments:

Sara Z. said...

I'm surprised how much I like spinning. It took about 3 classes for my butt to adjust, though, even with my fancy shorts. :) Oh, and for me, my enjoyment of the class is all about the instructor and his or her music selections. At my gym, there's one instructor who uses mostly techno. I try to avoid him.

Unknown said...

I'm one of the people who finds spinning boring. I used to do 30mins of it. At least I could read a magazine and listen to my mp3 player though. Its good for your racewalking legs though.