Sunday, April 13, 2008

I love the taper...

Ahhhh, only 6 miles today. Nice & easy, 6.02 miles in 1:05:29 for about 10:53 per mile. It felt so short after the walks of the past few weekends: 10 mile race, 14 miles, 12 miles, etc. But I'm resting up for the BIG day on Saturday! This will be my third half-marathon, and hopefully my best yet. I feel like my racewalking technique is decent now, and this race is a slight downhill on nice pavement (vs. the dirt of my last half) that will allow a better toe-off. I am trained & ready to have a great race! I would love to get an average 10:15 mile for a 2:14:16 total time, but we will see. That's a goal, and maybe it's not totally realistic, but I gotta have something to shoot for :)!

Uh-oh gotta run... naptime seems to be over :(.

Edited to add: I'm doing the Salt Lake City Half Marathon www.saltlakecitymarathon.com

1 comment:

Cindi said...

The taper almost makes those long-slow mileage days seem worthwhile! Which half marathon are you doing? I couldn't find it in the titles of any of your postings.

I'm a little nervous that my friend and I never did 18 miles for the 21-mile event we are heading to in less than 2 weeks, but at least it isn't a "race".

Good luck next week!

Cindi
www.walk-magazine.com