Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring - for a moment anyway...

Yesterday it was gorgeous. Should have taken a photo to go with this, but these will have to suffice (starts w/old photos of the leak; ends with fixing the chimney). Loren got up on the roof and fixed things, we took the kids to the park, and otherwise enjoyed the warm weather. I finished plaster patching & stripping the last bits of stubborn wallpaper in Calvin's room, too, and taped in preparation for priming & painting. Just have to wash the walls & we'll be ready to go.

This morning it was a balmy 47 degrees (supposed to get into upper 70s today - yay!, but tomorrow is a 30% chance of rain and SNOW!), so I rode my bike to weight training class, had a good workout, and biked home. My heart rate monitor informs me that I burned 458 calories; lower than my last one would have said - but I believe this is more accurate, mainly because it allows you to select "Male" or "Female" (they both had data entry for age and weight and resting heart rate). Alas, women burn fewer calories because of our body composition.

After my workout, I got the kids dressed & came to work. And I had better get on the stick! I have lots to do today.

No comments: