Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Crazy spring weather

 
It was SO warm this morning! I got up and was all ready to go to the indoor track, because it was really windy, and I thought it would be cold with the wind chill. I looked at the thermometer, and it said 62 degrees (17 C)!!! I decided that even though it was really windy that I wouldn't be cold outside, even in shorts and a T-shirt. So off I went for a lovely outdoor workout, leaving the dogs at home, because I was just in the mood to be alone. I warmed up and then did 3 miles at half marathon pace. OK, not true. I warmed up and attempted to do 3 miles at half marathon pace. I was a little fast. The first mile was 9:47, the second 9:53, and the third I got right in 10:15. I felt so fast and fluid and easy this morning - my heart rate was only in the low 150s even when I did my 9:47 mile! I hope I feel like that on Saturday for the race.

When I got back to the house, I decided to take a photo. You can see I'm wearing shorts, and hey, my tulips are finally blooming!!! It really felt like a summer morning workout this morning, and I loved it.

It was so warm here this morning because a storm is on the way. Warm and windy means it's going to get cold and wet quickly. By the time I got to work this morning it was down to 49 degrees (9 C) and still falling. We have a 50% chance of rain and/or snow, with mid-40s forecast for this afternoon.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Nice shirt!

Cindi
www.walk-magazine.com