Monday, April 28, 2008

Saturday & Sunday & Monday workouts

Saturday - easy 45 minutes planned; ended up doing 1 loop of Liberty Park and it took 42:30 from my house to the park, around the park, and back. That was faster than I though I'd do :)!

Sunday - easy 8 miler in about 1:27ish. Felt really great this morning, but my hands got unusually cold. The post-workout hot shower was awesome.

Monday - no weight training because I'm taking spinning Tu & Th for my interim class (until summer semester starts). So, I did a track workout. Warm-up and flex drills followed by 1600m in 9:25, 1200m in 7:01 (trying for 7:04 - a little fast!), 800m in 4:35, and 400m in 2:17. 2 min rest in between each, and then 1600m cool down. I felt good - could have gone faster and/or done more repeats, but I'm trying to work up to the fast stuff since I'm coming off the half marathon distance. All the same, it felt pretty smooth, and next time I'll go for a little harder workout.

No comments: