Wednesday, April 16, 2008

random news of the day

Workout: 15 min racewalking in the cold (29 degrees, about -2C?), which beat the stuffy basement of the HPER building, followed by weight training class. Today's session was all about balance - we did a ton of weird lifts involving one leg, one arm, bench press with heavier weight on one side, etc. It was pretty fun!

Calvin: was better today, for the most part. He weathered the grocery store and Costco very well :). Whew.

Michelle: screamed the entire time I was making dinner because I wouldn't pick her up. Fortunately, it didn't take long to prepare, since I made broiled salmon, couscous, and broccoli. For dessert we had baked apples (crock pot!) on top of light vanilla ice cream.

Piano students: 2/3 of the lessons were good. My first student is very well-prepared for the Guild auditions next week. My 2nd student is going to do fine, though not as polished as the 1st student. My 3rd student was a disaster; that student is not doing Guild this year, fortunately... but needs to get in gear ASAP because I am rather frustrated!

Food: not good today. I ate too much candy. Sigh. Fortunately, I have had a really good week otherwise. I was saving points for a sundae on Friday at Baskin-Robbins but I guess that will have to wait until next week. Oh well. Some days are just better than others. Tomorrow will be better.

Roof: Still leaking, unfortunately. Yesterday's storm caused more havoc with our wall. I called a roofer today and they came out and tarred some more spots and fixed (jury-rigged, as they are not tile types) a couple roof tiles. If that doesn't do the trick, they suggested calling the roof tile experts. Let's hope it works. The next big storm is supposed to come through on Sunday. Anyway, I had to re-do my plaster patch AGAIN. Ugh!!! I hate that stuff!

Rummage sale: I was in charge of placing the ad for our church rummage sale, and I finally got around to it. If you are in town, the sale is at New Song Presbyterian Church, 859 E 800 S, 8 am to noon on Saturday April 26th. I know for a fact that there will be a ton of baby stuff, since I'm donating it :)! We are done with the baby phase, barring divine intervention in our human plans.

Sci-fi short story: One of my favorite sci-fi authors has a short story for download; honor system with suggested donation via Paypal or amazon.com. I have purchased it and will let you know what I think after I read it, which is what I'm going to do now instead of going to bed at an appropriate hour. Silly me!

No comments: