Thursday, March 20, 2008

Workouts: Monday-Thursday

OK, so I'm a little behind on my blog. I'll get to the reasons in other posts, but for now, some workout notes.

Monday: Easy 45 minutes racewalking. Not sure how far I went; probably about 4 miles.

Tuesday: Acceleration workout, at least heart-rate-wise. I started off at about 145 and ended about 160. Did 4 miles at a 10 minute per mile pace; I was on the indoor track so I know I kept a pretty constant pace.

Wednesday: 30 minutes easy walking (did 21 laps of indoor track for 4.43 km) at 6:46/km. Then 30 minutes of weight training: chest press, lat pull-down, walking lunges, walking calf raises, farmer walk w/weights (for quads), tricep extensions, bicep curls, and abs.

Thursday: Tempo workout for half marathon pacing. Did 5 miles at 10:15 pace; took a 2 min rest between miles 2 and 3 and between miles 4 and 5. Yes, I really am hoping to do the whole half marathon at a 10:15 pace. I think it's an achievable goal - or at least close :). Gotta have something to shoot for!

No comments: