Friday, March 28, 2008

Flaked, but didn't

I flaked on my workout this morning, but I didn't. I woke a little late and it was too cold (26) to bike to weight training as I'd been doing earlier in the week, and so I decided to racewalk instead, since I missed yesterday's planned workout.

I did 4 miles at 1/2 marathon pace. Nice & brisk 10:15 miles, and a shorter workout since I plan a long easy distance (14 miles!!!) tomorrow (that will be my longest workout before the 1/2).

***

In related news, my iPod informs me I have burned 156389 calories and racewalked/run (I did include my running, which is infrequent) for 10.6 days since November 2006 when I got the Nike+iPod sport kit. 156389 calories/3500 calories per pound = 44.7 pounds that is NOT on my hips :). Or, I got to eat the equivalent of 601 packages of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (my favorite candy!) because I worked out. That is a lot more food that I have enjoyed because of my exercising habit! :)

1 comment:

Harriet said...

That is a brisk pace; I hope to average 10:15s for tomorrow's 5K race. :-)