Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ouch

Today's workout was very painful. I did a Norwegian fartlek workout ("fartlek" means speed play, and it's about going fast for certain intervals). I did 2, 4, 6, 8, 7, 5, 3, 1 minutes at 10K pace (6 min/km; 9:39 per mile) with 2 min rest inbetween. The workout would have been totally fine, but I had horrible, horrible gas pain (sorry to be blunt, but that is what it was) for the 2nd half of it. I was OK through the 8 minute fartlek, but then it started to really hurt on and off for the rest of the workout. Ouch. I kept going, and was able to maintain my pace for the 7 minutes, but the 5, 3, and 1 were not as fast. I just couldn't keep the pace with the pain. I probably should have stopped, but it wasn't like it was going to do any kind of damage to keep going, so I did. 2 hours later, I'm OK but the pain is not gone. I hope that I'll feel better in a few hours. Moral of the story? Probably not a good idea to have had those bean burritos last night :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's pretty ironic to be having gas pain while doing a fartelek. :)

Unknown said...

Haha! That's too funny, I think we did have the exact same problem! I think I ate too much bread/carbs yesterday. Yeah, here's hoping for a lighter feeling tonight!