Sunday, March 16, 2008

Slow 9.5 miler


Liberty Park with fresh snow today

This morning I planned to do 10 miles, but the ice on the road caused me to take pretty small steps and threw off my iPod, so though I thought I did a little over 10 miles, I actually did 9.55 according to the MapIt tool on the USATF website. Oh well! It was a beautiful winter wonderland, as we had a small storm last night. The roads were mostly clear, except for SugarHouse Park which was a treacherous disaster. I was 1/3 of the way around before I realized just how bad it was going to be. It was OK, though.

I completed the route in 1:53 and change, for about 11:50 per mile. Wow, that was slow! I felt pretty sluggish this morning, with heavy legs. They are still a tad sore from weight training on Wednesday (!) and also I'm a bit tired from yesterday's race. Tomorrow I'm going to take it really easy :).

No comments: